Yesterday in a team meeting, Tony mentioned Jack Welch and his leadership rules. It got me thinking about how our new leader, Kim Farrow, is doing and I’m happy to report alls well.
1. Control you destiny or someone else will – spot on
2. Face reality as it is, not as it was or as you wish it to be – pretty good
3. Be candid with everyone – two thumbs up
4. Don’t manage, lead – it’s working
5. Change before you have to – always one step ahead
6. If you don’t have a competitive advantage, don’t compete – can’t rate
Now I know some of you will think I’m sucking up – well that is about as far from the truth as it can be. I believe in feedback and besides, I’m at a stage in my career where sucking up no longer matters.